1114 AE Amsterdam-Duivendrecht
T. +31 (0)20-7602200
At Emesa you have the chance to work on our own E-commerce websites. Emesa (VakantieVeilingen.nl) is looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced hands-on developer to join one of our teams and help to bring our sites to the next level. We are tackling the challenging high-volume world of realtime auctions. We have high ambitions to scale and expand, and we need you to be the driver of it from the perspective of a Python Developer in the core of our commercial engine.
What will you be doing?
● As a Senior/Medior Python developer at Emesa you will make sure that our applications are performing well, secure, stable and will remain to be so for the benefit of our customers and internal stakeholders
● You will develop new back-end functionalities according to business requirements in multiple projects.
● We expect you to come up with the technical requirements yourself in collaboration with the team.
● You will have a key role, together with the team, in improving the current back-end of the auction system, CRM, ERP, API’s and connected systems.
● We deliver new functionality continuously, and you will be responsible for writing the code, reviewing the code of your team members and members of other teams, as well as shipping your code to production and monitoring the application.
● Every two months you can take part in the Emesa Labs Hackathon where you can prototype your own ideas and experiments.
● During Emesa Talks you learn from the experience of your fellow colleagues and can present technical topics yourself for a skilled audience
How will you be doing this?
● You are a Python specialist in a back-end scrum team, but you know your way around in general web development and are not scared by some PHP.
● You will explain why a solution is the right solution, instead of just adding another library, bundle, module or framework. You support decision making in the team.
● You will work together with other developers with different levels of experience to meet the ambitious projects and deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience
● You love to write and optimize code and solve difficult problems.
● University/bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics.
● Minimum of two years recent experience in a similar position in an agile environment – or just an impressive track record/portfolio.
● Knowledge and experience with Python (2.x, 3.x) and at least one of the popular web frameworks, ORM's.
● You have a good understanding of:
● Capable of defining new features/processes, based on business and technical requirements.
● Handling code reviews, criticism and adjusting to different coding styles and standards.
● Fluent in English; written and verbally.
● Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical co-workers.
● Experience with SOLR/ RabbitMQ/ Redis/ Memcached/ API's is a big plus.
● Experience of working in continuous delivery culture is a big plus.
What can you expect from us?
● An excellent salary and pension plan.
● Lots of room for your creativity & growth.
● A phenomenal atmosphere in the office, including drinks every Friday and legendary Emesa parties.
● Compensation of travelling expenses.
● Emesa Labs (Hackathon)
● Emesa Academy
Are you interested?
Developing yourself in our Academy.
Working out with your colleagues.
Having breakfast with our CEO.
Listening to inspiring e-commerce stories.
Contributing to innovative e-commerce initiatives.
Awesome parties and drinks.