At Emesa you will have the challenge of working on our own E-commerce websites and apps. Emesa (VakantieVeilingen.nl) is looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced engineer to join our IT & Development teams and help bring our platforms to the next level. We are tackling the challenging world of high-volume real-time auctions. With APIs totaling hundreds of millions of calls/month, websites handling tenths of millions of pageviews, mobile applications installed on millions of devices and desire to expand, we need your help to improve, develop and achieve our ambitions.
What you will be doing?
High Availability - Make sure that all our platforms stay up and running.
High Performance - Take preemptive action to remove potential bottlenecks before they become a real problem.
High Traffic – Overcome IT challenges caused by successful marketing campaigns ( (lach) ) and mitigate challenging threats.
High Involvement – Share your expertise and challenge other teams (eg. application development, data warehouse, IT operations and office support) by participating in cross-team projects and ad-hoc collaboration.
Will you fit the profile?
You are an all-rounder in systems administration. You can or will have your own specialization, but you will also be able to support all other tasks within the team.
You are able to explain why a solution is the right for specific problem, instead of just adding another tool from Internet or writing a custom script.
You are able to work together with other IT-professionals (developers and testers) with different levels of experience to meet the ambitious projects and deadlines together.
You're thorough and reliable. Testing the solution, setting up monitoring and (updating) documentation are part of the job.
University-level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent in work experience.
Minimum of three years experience in a similar position – or just an impressive track record/portfolio with networking architectures for high-traffic/e-commerce sites.
You aim for high quality IT and understand the importance of achieving high performance.
Skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of (Ubuntu) Linux/Unix;
- Strong knowledge of widely used protocols, conventions and recommendations (TCP/IP stack, DNS, HTTP, SSL/TLS, SMTP, IMAP/POP, SSH, VPN);
- Experience with the following tools (or their alternatives):
- Web stack: HAProxy, Apache, Varnish;
- Key/value stores: Memcached, Redis;
- RDBM: MySQL/MariaDB (experience with making highly available installations / scaling reads);
- Search: SOLR (or alternatives);
- High availability / throughput: LVS / keepalived (or alternatives);
- Virtualization: LXC/LXD;
- Provisioning: Puppet;
- Active monitoring: Zabbix
- Fluent English (about 15 nationalities working together)
Extra points for:
Experience with hybrid cloud installations (private / public cloud, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/MaaS);
- Experience with modern log management, error management and monitoring platforms (like ELK, Graylog2, Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry);
- Experience with message brokers (like RabbitMQ);
- Experience with streaming platforms (like Kafka);
- Experience with PostgreSQL (high availability / throughput);
Are you interested?
Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check the Emesa company website and our labels Vakantieveilingen.nl, Vakantieveilingen.be, Actievandedag.nl, Actievandedag.be, Vavabid.be and Vavabid.fr