1114 AE Amsterdam-Duivendrecht
T. +31 (0)20-7602200
At Emesa you have the chance to work on our own E-commerce websites. Emesa (VakantieVeilingen.nl) is looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced developer to join one of our teams and help bringing our sites to the next level. We are tackling the challenging high-volume world of real-time auctions. We have high ambitions to scale and expand, and we need you to be the driver of it from the backend perspective.
What will you be doing?
● As an Hybrid Mobile App Developer at Emesa you will be building awesome mobile apps based on our mobile web front-ends and API.
● You will make use of Cordova/PhoneGap to deliver high performing, secure, multi platform e-commerce apps.
● You will develop new features and functionalities. We expect you to come up with the technical requirements yourself in collaboration with the team.
● Every two months you can take part in the Emesa Labs Hackathon where you have the freedom to prototype your own ideas and experiments.
How will you be doing this?
● You are a Hybrid Mobile App Developer in an international Front-end Scrum team.
● You will deliver new features and improvements every sprint.
● You will explain why a solution is the right solution, instead of just adding another library or framework.
Desired Skills and Experience
● University/bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics.
● Minimum of three years experience in a similar position – or just an impressive track record/portfolio.
● Experience developing mobile apps (various techniques) and feeling with UX for various mobile devices and operating systems.
● Experience in Cordova/PhoneGap plugin development and distribution.
● At least three years experience working in an agile team.
● You have rudimentary knowledge of CSS preprocessors, REST, git (GitHub).
● Handling code reviews, criticism and adjusting to different coding styles and standards.
● Fluent in English; written and verbally.
Extra points for
● You are familiar with adaptive design and HistoryAPI/Pjax concepts.
● Preferably several years of experience with: PHP and MySQL on a clustered LAMP.
● Preferably knowledge of SOLR and/or NodeJS.
● MVC pattern.
What can you expect from us?
● An excellent salary and pension plan.
● Lots of room for your creativity & growth.
● A phenomenal atmosphere in the office, including drinks every Friday and legendary Emesa parties.
● Compensation of travelling expenses.
Are you interested?
Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check the Emesa company website and our labels Vakantieveilingen.nl, Vakantieveilingen.be, Actievandedag.nl, Actievandedag.be, Vavabid.be and Vavabid.fr
Developing yourself in our Academy.
Working out with your colleagues.
Having breakfast with our CEO.
Listening to inspiring e-commerce stories.
Contributing to innovative e-commerce initiatives.
Awesome parties and drinks.